Jan 26th 2022
Menopause Weekend For International Womens Day - March 5/6
Please join us for a weekend of different workshops, talks and discussion forums on the subject of Menopause. Either join a single workshop, more than one, or for the whole thing. You will need to book into the workshops you want to attend individually, and you can choose online or in person. There will also be the option to have all recordings sent out to be kept for future reference.
The weekend fee is £50 for as many workshops as you want, otherwise they are priced individually as below. Any proceeds the studio makes will go to the Menopause Charity.
The schedule is as follows:
Saturday 5th March:
2.15 - 3.15pm: Taryne McPherson (Pelvic Health Pilates) - £20 in studio, £10 online
3.30 - 5.30pm: Sarah Rush (Yoga Workshop) - £30 in studio, £20 online
6.00 - 7.00pm: Talks & Q&A - Nutrition, balancing hormones and managing bloody sugar with Jackie Grant - £5 in person, free online
Sunday 6th March: 1.30-3.30pm: Menopause Cafe with Debbie and Alberta - Free
4.00 - 5.00pm: Talk & Q&A Menopause, Perimenopause & What we should all know about HRT - £5 in person, free online
5.30 - 7.00pm: Sherene (Breathwork and sound meditation)- £20 in studio, £20 online
During these workshops and talks you can expect tol:
- explore how menopause can affect us emotionally, physically and mentally
- practise yoga poses to optimize the health and density of our bones
- learn how you can use the breath to cool the body
- gain an understanding of how yoga can support our energy and vitality along with regulating our hormonal system around this transition
- explore what changes you’d like to bring in and what to let go of.
- look at how breathwork can help relieve, reduce and maybe even get rid of some menopause symptoms, such as sleep issues-hot flushes-night sweats-brain fog
- Encourage relaxation, to soothe the mind and rebalance the hormones.
- understand how to strengthen your pelvic floor during this transition
- learn about balancing hormones, nutrition and HRT
- through discussion, understand more about what you and others are experiencing.